West Lulworth

a Registered One-Place Study and part of the Dorset OPC network

Red Lion / Churchfield House

Churchfield House

1911: Henry John Carter, age 42, bricklayer, born Kinson

           Mary Jane Carter, age 46, born West Lulworth

Red Lion Cottage dates back 400 years and was originally ’The Red Lion Inn’ and served its own ale to King George III in 1802.

After the Red Lion closed, the building was known as Churchfield House and recently has been known as Red Lion Cottage.

The Cottage is available as a holiday let - click here for further information.

A postcard view of Churchfield House, formerly the Red Lion public house, when it still retained its thatched roof.