Cove Inn / Cove Hotel

Home | Buildings Index


Cove Inn

The Cove Inn appeared in trade directories from as early as 1849:

  • 1849 – Cove InnMrs Elizabeth Richards
  • 1851 – Cove InnMrs Elizabeth Richards

Cove Hotel

1888 O.S. Map
  • 1892 – Cove HotelWilliam Pitt Cross
  • 1913 – Cove Hotel Thomas Caveen (1858-1913)
  • 1919 – Cove Hotel Patrick William Ennis (1876-1956)
  • 1927 – Cove Hotel & Restaurant Frank Alfred Oaten (former proprietor of the Red Lion at Wareham 1923)
  • 1935 – Cove Hotel & Restaurant Miss Edna Edith Plumb

The Cove Hotel ran a hotel bus for their guests. From 1917 to 1928 they had a Ford FX3884 which they bought new, and from 1928 to 1936 another Ford TK958, also bought new. Mrs Ennis of the Cove Hotel started a school run around 1922 for the Roman Catholic children to East Lulworth.

Comments are closed.