Congregational Church

Home | Churches | Holy Trinity Church | Former Churches | Catholic Church | Congregational Church |


  • The new Congregational Church building opened in June 1869. It was an iron structure designed to seat 120. The total cost, including boundary walls etc., was about £250, and this was all raised on the day of opening.
  • It was located on Main Road close to its junction with Church Road.
  • Revd. Daniel Arthur Brown (1839-1914) was Minister in 1871
  • Revd. Robert Brown was Minister in 1880
  • Revd. Walter Ebbs was Minister in 1881 – he was lodging with Mary Erlebach, daughter of the late Adolphus Erlebach.
  • Revd. D. Davies was Minister from 1887
  • Revd. William Henry Picken (1847-1919) was Minister from 1911 to 1915
  • Revd. Louis Joseph Bailey was Minister in 1931
  • In 1972 Congregational Church in England and Wales united with the Presbyterian Church of England to become became the United Reformed Church.
  • The West Lulworth United Reformed Church closed in September 1995.

Page last updated: 28 May 2021

Comments are closed.