West Lulworth

a Registered One-Place Study and part of the Dorset OPC network

Burngate Farm

Burngate Farm was transferred to West Lulworth parish from East Stoke parish on 18 August 1882.

A close-up of the finial of the finger-post

© Copyright Chris Downer and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence.

1861: Rebecca Beaton, farmer of 500 acres employing 12 men & 6 boys


1881: George Ellis, farmer of 480 acres employing 15 men & 3 boys

1891: Charles Budden

1911: Charles Budden, age 51, born Herne, Hants


Budden, John Oakley, Farmer, Burngate farm [150 acres or over]

(Source Kelly’s Directory, 1923)